Thursday, November 6, 2008

Barack Obama for President - by Jesse

So about a month ago Jesse was home sick from school. He was catching up on daytime TV when a commercial came on. It was an ad for Barack Obama. He came over to me and said something. I didn't catch what he said, so I asked him to repeat himself. He was hesitant, but finally blurted out "If I could vote, I'd vote for Arack Abama." I was a bit surprised. We don't talk about politics much, especially not around the kids. I guess I just wasn't expecting that to come out of a 6 year olds mouth. So the conversation continued.

Me - Oh yeah, well why would you choose him to be the president?
Jesse - "because I can"! - A little taken aback
Me - I know you can choose whoever you want to but WHY would you choose him?
Jesse - he talks nice.

And there you have it. Is that how YOU made your decision on who to vote for?